- Visit the NSDL website for paying the tax online.
- Select ‘CHALLAN NO./ITNS 281’ under TDS/TCS section. You will be taken to the e-payment page.
- Now, enter the following details:
- Under ‘Tax Applicable’, select ‘Company Deductees’ if the TDS deducted by you is for making payment to a company. In any other case, select ‘Non-Company Deductees’.
- Enter the TAN and Assessment Year for which the payment is to be made.
- Enter the ‘Pin Code’ and select ‘State’ from the drop-down.
- Select whether the payment is made for TDS deducted and payable by you or TDS on regular assessment.
- Select the ‘Nature of Payment’ and ‘Mode of Payment’ from the drop-down.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Now you will see a confirmation screen. If the TAN is valid, the full name of the taxpayer as per the master will be shown. Upon confirmation of the data entered, you will be directed to the net-banking site of your bank.
- Log in to the net-banking site with your user id and password provided by the bank and make the payment.
On successful payment, a challan counterfoil will be displayed containing CIN, payment details and bank name through which e-payment has been made. Keep this counterfoil as a proof of the transaction made.
Worried about your income tax return? We can help. Reach us here.