If you wish to claim deductions under section 80EE, you need to satisfy the following conditions: -
- Taxpayer is an individual, who is a resident or a non-resident.
- The loan should be sanctioned between Financial Year 2017-18.
- The loan amount should not be more than Rs. 35Lakh.
- Loan should be taken from a bank or Financial company.
- The value of the residential house should not be more than Rs.50Lakh.
- The taxpayer should not have any other residential home on the date of loan sanction.
Did you file your Income Tax Returns yet? If not, then click here now.