Procedure to Pay Self Assessment tax online:
- Go to this government site and select challan number ITNS 280.
- Select ‘(0021) Income-Tax (Other Than Companies)’ under ‘Tax Applicable’.
- Enter your PAN and address details.
- Choose the Assessment Year.
- Select ‘(300) Self Assessment Tax’ as the type of payment.
- Select the bank with which you will make payment.
- Enter captcha code and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Check the entered details and click on the button ‘Submit to the bank’.
- Log in to your net banking account to make payment.
- Enter the total tax amount in the field ‘Basic Tax’ and click on the button Submit.
- After a few moments of successful tax payment, you can get challan receipt along with bank details - BSR code, Challan number, Challan Date and Challan amount.
Try to keep it safe for future reference.
Are you tax prepared? We’re here to help.