When you file your return, the income tax department sends the ITR-V to your email id. It may take 2-3 days for the ITR-V to reach your inbox.
You can also download ITR-V manually. Follow these easy steps.
1) Go to the government IT website and click on ‘Login Here’ option if you have already registered or click on ‘Register Yourself’ button to create a new account.
2) Fill in the login details.
3) After logging in, click on ‘e-Filed Returns/Forms’ under "My Account" section from top menu.
4) Choose ‘Income Tax Return’ from the drop-down list.
5) Now select the assessment year for which you want to download the ITR-V and click on Submit’.
6) Click on ‘Ack. No.’ to open the section to download ITR-V. Click on ‘ITR-V / Acknowledgement’ to get your ITR-V. The password of your ITR-V is the combination of AN and Date of Birth (all in lowercase). e.g. If your PAN is TTTPA1111A and Date of Birth is 28th of December 1995 then your password will be tttpa1111a28121995
7) Print this verification receipt. Sign it and post it to CPC, Bangalore to complete your e-filing process. The address of CPC is given at the bottom of every ITR-V.
You can also e-verify your return to complete your return filing process. Go to this link to find out the process of e-verifying IT return.
You can start filing the income tax return here, if haven't already.