You can easily Link your AADHAAR with PAN without logging in to the Income Tax portal.
Given below are step wise instructions and illustrations to perform the linking without income tax login procedures:
- Go to the Income Tax Login portal.
- Click on the link ‘Link Aadhaar’ on the left portion under Quick Links.
- Now you should be able to see the screen below:
- Enter your PAN number followed by the AADHAAR number in the appropriate boxes.
In case the UIDAI does not have any data against your identity save for the date of birth, tick the next box. Enter your name as it appears on your Aadhaar document.
- Now key in the code exactly as it appears on your screen.
- You may choose to use an OTP delivered to your AADHAAR registered smartphone number in the event you are visually handicapped.
- Finally, click on Link AADHAAR.
- If all goes well, you will see a message that says, ‘Aadhaar-PAN linking is completed successfully’.
Note that this method can fail if there is mismatch in name, gender or date of birth as captured between the two documents. In that event, you will have to first update information in one of the 2 databases to match the other.
You can click on ‘Update PAN/ AADHAAR’ to modify the information in either ID as shown here: